Write-Up & Photos by Jacqueline Bennett newsandviewsjb.com   The Old State House stands in beauty and dignity on the west side of the Connecticut River, the “high land side” in Hartford, Connecticut. Declared a National Landmark in 1960, it remains a constant, greeting visitors to the capital city.   Blue scaffolding currently engulfs this historic building as it undergoes exterior renovation and roof repair. However, the building is open for touring.   Construction of the original meeting house dates back to 1636, one year after the first settlers arrived in what would become a colony which quickly outgrew that earliest structure as noted on the Old State House website. Following a fire in 1792, it was rebuilt. Visit http://www.cga.ct.gov/osh/timeline.asp to view a full timeline.…